With Movember dawning on us, men eagerly await the (only) month that it is appropriate to have a pervy moustache, while most women dread that same notion.
If your “lady friend” is one of those who are opposed to the moustache, and you don’t have the balls to stand your ground, there is still a way in which you can help raise funds and awareness for men’s genital health. Quite appropriately, it does involve your balls.
CoalitionSkin, aka your friendly neighbourhood “pussy-waxing shop”, will be donating partial proceeds (20-25%) from “brazil nuts” during the month of November. It’s not cheap, costing between $80-100, but keep in mind the goods that are being handled, as well as the cause.
Sorry, Mo Sistas, they aren’t donating any money from brazilians.
Quick facts about prostate cancer:
– Prostate cancer is the most frequently diagnosed cancer in men.
– Testicular cancer is the most common cancer in Canadian men between the ages of 15 and 29.
– Prostate Cancer afflicts men 45 years of age and older, with the incidence increasing with age.
– Prostate Cancer has no known causes or prevention with a fatality rate of about 25%. Although, a healthy diet, exercise and low-stress is recommended for “prevention”.
– PSA tests in B.C. are not covered by the Medical Services Plan (MSP), unless you have a history of prostate cancer in your family.
– Prostate Cancer is a “silent disease” and the best chance for a cure is through early detection before the onset of symptoms.
– Prostate Cancer is the second-leading cause of cancer death in Canadian men (behind lung cancer).
Do you know of other places in town that are raising money and awareness for prostate and testicular cancer? Leave a comment, I’d love to spread the word!